ROYAL ULTRA-PRECISION QUICK-GRIP™ COLLETS
These Extremely Advanced Collets Will Revolutionize Your Workholding
- Industry-leading 0.062" Gripping Range (0.080" for QG-100) – greater than other quick-change collets on the market and more than 12X that of traditional spring collets.
- Royal Quick-Grip Collets are precision-ground to nominal size, with a gripping range of ±0.031" (0.040” for QG-100) to handle undersized/oversized stock.
Example – a ½" QG-65 collet is ground to 0.500" dia., and can hold any part ranging in size from 0.469" – 0.531" dia.
- Ultra-Precision Accuracy – 0.0002" TIR or better guaranteed on round-bores. Total system accuracy (chuck + collet) guaranteed to 0.0004" or better.
- All Royal Quick-Grip™ Collets are designed for minimal projection beyond the chuck face (≤ 0.020") for optimum rigidity and machine work-zone utilization.
- All models have a smooth gripping surface, but round-bores are also available from stock in a double-serrated version for very aggressive first-op machining.
- Vulcanized rubber between the hardened steel collet segments provides outstanding protection against coolant and chip penetration, and Royal’s advanced vulcanization process carries a lifetime guarantee against failure.
- Collets can be counter-bored for increased capacity.
- S-type master collets available for QG-65 and QG-80 chuck models.
- Royal Quick-Grip™ Collets are compatible with some other brands of quick-change chucks, but note that the QG-80 and QG-100 models have a six-slot design (for increased gripping torque) that requires the use of a Royal installation tool. Call us to verify compatibility.
- Custom sizes and shapes available as quick-ship specials. Collet segments can also be carbide-coated for extremely harsh applications. Contact one of our applications engineers at 1-800-645-4174 to discuss your requirements.